There is a growing interest in unmanned vehicles across applications. An improved understanding of the fluid dynamics and acoustics around these vehicles is crucial for optimal energy efficiency, maneuverability, and a low acoustic footprint. This special topic includes papers that shed light on the multiphysics aspect of fluid flows and acoustics phenomena. It also includes papers concerning bio-inspired concepts as well as ideas for improving the design and efficiency of future unmanned vehicles.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Fluid dynamics and acoustics of unmanned vehicles
- Design and efficiency improvements
- Multiphysics aspects of acoustics and fluid flows
- Bio-inspired concepts
Talib Dbouk (University of Nicosia)
Dimitris Drikakis (University of Nicosia)
For those interested in submitting, please take note of the following instructions:
- Navigate to the journal’s online submission system. You may need to create an account if you do not already have one.
- During the submission process you will be asked if your manuscript is part of a special topic. Please answer “yes” and select “Flow and Acoustics of Unmanned Vehicles” from the subsequent drop-down menu.
Papers that are accepted for publication will publish immediately upon acceptance and will appear online in a virtual collection dedicated to this special topic. Any questions or concerns about the submission process or deadline should be directed to the Physics of Fluids journal manager at email@example.com.