This Collection is a collaboration with the 16th International Conference on Reliability and Stress-related Phenomena in Nano and Microelectronics (16th IRSP) which was held November 4-6, 2019 in San Jose, CA. The Conference Chair was Dr. Valeriy Sukharev and the Vice Chair was Dr. Ehrenfried Zschech. While a significant number of articles are from material presented at the 16th IRSP, research articles that are on this topic but not presented at this conference are also included. This Collection features articles dedicated to the science and technology of reliability and stress-related phenomena in nano and microelectronics.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Reliability of new materials for advanced interconnects, devices and packages.
- Thermal-mechanical aspects of circuit reliability, including aging simulation, time-to-failure assessment, and design for reliability.
- Stress and thermal effects in advanced packaging, heterogeneous integration, and chip-package interaction.
- TCAD-based modeling of stress and thermal issues in advanced logic and memory devices, chips, packages, and 3D integrations.
- Mechanical and reliability issues for smart and energy conversion materials, flexible or stretchable electronics.
- Advanced characterization techniques for interconnect failure analysis; characterization methods for strain mapping at the local scale.
- Degradation mechanisms and failures in advanced device and interconnect systems.
- Radiation hardness of memories (SRAM, DRAM, novel memory) and devices, reliability of power devices.
Dr. Valeriy Sukharev, Mentor, a Siemens Business, USA
Prof. Paul S. Ho, UT Austin, USA
Prof. Dr. Ehrenfried Zschech, Fraunhofer IKTS, Dresden, Germany
Prof. Farid N. Najm, University of Toronto, Canada
Prof. Hiu-Yung Wong, San Jose State University, USA