This special topic issue aims to highlight state-of-the-art research in the applications of quantum light in chemical physics, physical chemistry, and closely related fields. Examples of quantum light are single photons, entangled photon pairs, and quadrature-squeezed light, all of which play important roles in the rapidly rising field of quantum information science. The ability to create, manipulate, interact, and measure quantum states of light has potential to offer unprecedented improvements in sensing, metrology, imaging, and spectroscopy, among other areas. Papers are solicited from across the wide range of related research, including sources and detectors of quantum light, novel proposals or demonstrations of techniques offering unique advantages of quantum light in physical chemistry, molecular physics, and solid-state science, and other related areas.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Single photons
- Entangled photon pairs
- Quadrature-squeezed light
- Single photon emitters and detectors
- Nonlinear optical processes [Χ(2) parametric down conversion or Χ(3) four-wave mixing] for entangled photon pair or squeezed light generation
- Experimental and theoretical analysis of entanglement/coherence/dephasing
- The interaction of quantum light with matter
- The application of quantum light in spectroscopy
- Quantum light in sensing applied to chemical problems
- Quantum light enhanced imaging, e.g., biological microscopy
- Quantum theory of optimal information extraction from measured data
Andy Marcus, University of Oregon
Michael Raymer, University of Oregon
P. James Schuck, Columbia University
Carlos Silva Acuna, George Institute of Technology
Jennifer Ogilvie, University of Michigan
Qiang Shi, Chinese Academy of Science
Xiaoyang Zhu, Columbia University
Please note that papers will be published as normal when they are ready in a regular issue of the journal and will populate on a virtual collection page within a few days of publication. Inclusion in the collection will not cause delay in publication.
How to submit:
- Please submit through the online submission system.
- Under manuscript type → select Article or Communication, as appropriate.
- Under manuscript information → Title/Abstract → select “Invited Submission: No”.
- Under manuscript information → Manuscript classification → select Special Topic: “Quantum Light”