Photocatalysis and photoelectrochemistry play critical roles in chemical transformations of great societal importance, such as water splitting, CO2 reduction, nitrogen fixation, and environmental remediation. This special issue covers topics related but not limited to these processes. We welcome submissions on electrocatalysis, photocatalysis, photoelectrocatalysis, and photoelectrochemistry. The special issue is intended to highlight the latest advances in materials design, synthesis and characterization, electrochemistry and photoelectrochemistry, novel concepts of solar energy conversion and light driven chemical transformation, mechanistic studies, in situ spectroscopy, and theoretical and computational modelling.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Photoelectrode/Photocatalyst synthesis and characterization
- Mechanistic studies
- Theoretical and computational studies
Dunwei Wang, Boston College
Victor Batista, Yale University
Can Li, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences Physics
Wilson Smith, Delft University of Technology
Tim Lian, Emory University
How to Submit:
- Please submit through the online submission system.
- Under manuscript type → select Article or Communication, as appropriate
- Under manuscript information → Title/Abstract → select “Invited Submission: No”.
- Under manuscript information → Manuscript classification → select “Special Topic: Photocatalysis and Photoelectrochemistry”