This special topic highlights recent advances in fundamental understanding and design of oxides as catalysts, electrocatalysts, and photocatalysts in heterogeneous reactions. All forms of oxides are of interest, spanning single crystals to thin films, mesoporous and nanoporous architectures, as well as doped and functionalized chemistries. This Special Topic specifically encompasses studies of surface chemistry, electronic structure and electron dynamics, and catalytic support effects at oxide interfaces and highlights the forefront of research in this interdisciplinary area between chemistry, physics, and catalysis.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Heterogenous catalysis
- Metal oxides and interfaces
- Surface chemistry
L. Robert Baker, The Ohio State University
Ulrike Diebold, TU Wien
Jeong Young Park, KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
Annabella Selloni, Princeton University
Patricia Thiel and Angelos Michaelides
How to Submit:
- Please submit through the online submission system.
- Under manuscript type → select Article or Communication, as appropriate
- Under manuscript information → Title/Abstract → select “Invited Submission: No”.
- Under manuscript information → Manuscript classification → select “Special Topic: Yes” and choose “Special Topic: “Oxide Chemistry and Catalysis” from the list that appears.