Biointerphases is soliciting articles for publication in a Special Topic Collection focusing on functional biomaterials. This collection will be centered around surfaces that are specifically designed to achieve specific functions, improve biocompatibility, and control interactions with cells, tissues, or biological molecules.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Bioactive Coatings: surfaces modified to present bioactive molecules
- Drug Delivery: interfaces designed to release therapeutic agents in a controlled manner
- Surface Topography: engineered biomaterial surfaces that are modified to influence cell behavior, alignment, and tissue integration
- Conductive Surfaces: interfaces that facilitate electrical signaling, making them suitable for applications like neural interfaces, cardiac devices, and biosensors
- Adhesion: surface modifications to promote cell adhesion, tissue integration, or the binding of specific molecules, like antibodies or proteins
Joe Baio, Oregon State University, USA