Photonics and AI
With the advent of digital technology and big data, artificial intelligence (AI) has quickly become an important tool for photonics research. As evidenced by the sharp rise of AI-related publications in photonics journals, AI-related techniques such as deep learning, artificial neural networks, and evolutionary algorithms combined with optical techniques such as sensing, spectroscopy, and imaging have revolutionized healthcare, automotive industry, finance, video games, defense, and security. This Special Topic provides a valuable forum where researchers will be able to share their most recent, novel findings, and understanding of basic principles, advanced techniques, and applications of photonics with AI.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Optical imaging with AI
- Optical spectroscopy with AI
- Optical hardware for AI
- Optical software for AI
- Optical communication with AI
Bahram Jalali, University of California, Los Angeles
Cheng Lei, Wuhan University
Guohai Situ, Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics
Keisuke Goda, University of Tokyo
Paul Westbrook, OFS Laboratories
How to Submit:
- Please submit through the online submission system.
- Under manuscript type → select Article or Letter, as appropriate
- Under manuscript information → Title/Abstract → select “Invited Submission: No”.
- Under manuscript information → Manuscript classification → select “Special Topic: Photonics and AI”