Solid-state perovskites have rapidly emerged as one of the most interesting and promising materials in the area of photonics. The rich combination of a wide range of material species and structural variations offers new fundamental science on light-matter interactions, including charge transport, photoexcited carriers versus excitons, exciton binding energies, ferroelectric properties, and magnetic field effects etc. In the meantime, as cost-effective solution-processable semiconductors, it has also revolutionized various areas of photonics devices, including photovoltaics, lighting, lasing, detecting and so on. This special topic aims to capture the most exciting advances in the perovskite photonics field, promoting high impact applications.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Perovskite solar cells
- Perovskite based IR photodetectors
- Ultrafast carrier dynamics in perovskites
- Perovskites for highly efficient LEDs
- Perovskite photovoltaics: thin films, flexible, tandem solar cells
- Perovskite semiconductors for direct X-ray detection and imaging
- Perovskite quantum dots
- Optoelectronic applications of perovskites
- 2D perovskites and applications in photovoltaics
- 2D/3D heterostructure for Semitransparent Perovskite Solar Cells
Xiaoming Wen, Swinburne University of Technology
Joseph Berry, NREL, USA
APL Photonics Editor
Baohua Jia, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Please note that papers will be published as normal when they are ready in a regular issue of the journal and will populate on a virtual collection page within a few days of publication. Inclusion in the collection will not cause delay in publication.
How to Submit:
- Please submit through the online submission system.
- Under manuscript type → select Article or Letter, as appropriate
- Under manuscript information → Title/Abstract → select “Invited Submission: No”.
- Under manuscript information → Manuscript classification → select “Perovskite Photonics”