Authors in our journals retain copyright while granting AIP Publishing an exclusive license to publish. Our comprehensive publishing agreements include a wide range of options to meet funder and employer requirements.
Publishing in Subscription Journals
For the journals listed below, AIP Publishing holds exclusive publishing rights. You can deposit your accepted author manuscript to repositories to further distribute your work.
- AIP Conference Proceedings
- Applied Physics Letters
- Applied Physics Reviews
- Biophysics Reviews
- Chemical Physics Reviews
- Journal of Applied Physics
- The Journal of Chemical Physics
- Journal of Mathematical Physics
- Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy
- Low Temperature Physics
- Physics of Fluids
- Physics of Plasmas
- Review of Scientific Instruments
- Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data
Publishing in Gold Open Access Journals
For the open access journals listed below, copyright to all content remains with the authors, and a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license applies:
- AIP Advances
- APL Bioengineering
- APL Energy
- APL Machine Learning
- APL Materials
- APL Photonics
- JASA Express Letters (in partnership with Acoustical Society of America)
- Matter and Radiation at Extremes (sponsored by China Academy of Engineering Physics)
- Nanotechnology and Precision Engineering (sponsored by Tianjin University)
- Structural Dynamics (in partnership with American Crystallographic Association)
AIP Publishing authors who want to allow open access to their work in our subscription-based journals can choose Author Select, which also uses a CC BY license.
Under the terms of the CC BY license, no permission is needed to reuse, distribute or adapt the article content, but you do need to give attribution to the original source. Please use this format for Creative Commons attribution:
Author names, Journal Title, Vol. #, Article ID #, (Year of publication); licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license.