In June 2022, Professor Andreas Mandelis, Associate Editor of Journal of Applied Physics, will be celebrating his 70th birthday. On this occasion, which coincides with the upcoming International Conferences on Photoacoustic and Photothermal Phenomena (ICPPP), the Journal is planning a special Festschrift Collection to honor Andreas’ multifaceted seminal contributions to the fields of photothermics, photoacoustics, and diffusion waves. Professor Vitalyi Gusev, University of Le Mans, is honored to be the Guest Editor for this Collection on account of his long-standing professional relationship with Andreas.
Journal of Applied Physics is also planning a parallel Special Topic Collection, “Non-Invasive and Non-Destructive Methods and Applications Part II,” to be published back-to-back on the Journal’s Collections page, which will cover more general fields not covered by this Festschrift.
Professor Mandelis’ research career of 45+ years has resulted in many pioneering theoretical and experimental achievements, new methodologies, devices, and measurements spanning and spawning an exceptionally wide range of disciplines that have led to over 630 publications and 40+ patents.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Non-invasive biosensors
- Photopyroelectric effects, sensors, and applications
- Thermophysical Properties using Thermal-Wave Measurements and Imaging
- Multi-frequency photoacoustics, photoacoustic radar, and biomedical imaging
- Photovoltaic Solar Cell and Carrier-Density Wave Diagnostic Techniques, Imaging, and Non-Destructive Evaluation
- Semiconductor Metrology using Carrier and Thermal Waves
- Photothermal Depth Profilometry and Inverse Problems
- Photothermal and Photoacoustic Analytical Methodologies, environmental sensors, and Spectroscopy
- Diffusion-Waves, Nonradiative Physics, and Applications
- Photothermal Non-Destructive Evaluation – Thermal-wave radar and biothermophotonic imaging
- Photothermal and photoacoustic sensors for environmental and biological diagnostics; materials and thin film studies
Vitalyi Gusev, University of Le Mans, France
Submission and acceptance criteria:
Manuscripts considered for publication in Journal of Applied Physics are expected to meet the journal’s standard of acceptance: to report on original and timely results that significantly advance understanding in contemporary applied physics. Material that is exclusively review in nature is not considered for publication. Manuscripts submitted for consideration in this Special Topic must meet the same criteria and will undergo the journal’s standard peer-review process. The Editorial Team of Journal of Applied Physics will issue final decisions on the submitted manuscripts. Manuscripts will publish immediately upon acceptance.
For more information on the journal’s editorial policies, please click here.
Manuscripts must be submitted through Journal of Applied Physics’ online submission system (PXP). Please select the Special Topic “Non-Invasive and Non-Destructive Methods and Applications Part I – Festschrift” to submit your manuscript for consideration in this Special Topic.