Biophotonics is an emerging interdisciplinary field encompassing photonics and biomedical science. Within the recent decade, the rapid developing of this discipline has attracted a lot of attentions ranging from the development of new optical imaging technologies to the applications in diseases detection and photodynamic therapy. In this special issue, we hope to collect the relevant works that focus on but are not limited to the topics mentioned below, to present the state-of-art of Photonics in Biomedicine, including the presentation of new methods, the introducing of new concepts, and the demonstration of new applications.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Microendoscopy imaging systems and catheter
- Photodynamic therapy for tumor detection and treatment
- Optical methods for neural sciences
- Optical coherence tomography and coherence domain optical methods in biomedicine
- Multimodal biomedical imaging
- Multiphoton microscopy
- Biophotonics therapeutics, diagnostics and immune responses
- Label-free biomedical imaging
- Optical computational imaging and artificial intelligence in biomedicine
- Quantitative phase imaging
Sergio Fantini, Tufts University, USA
Muyinatu Bell, Johns Hopkins University, USA
APL Photonics Editor
Ling Fu, Hainan University, China
How to Submit
Please submit through the online submission system.
Under manuscript type → select Article or Letter, as appropriate.
Under manuscript information → Title/Abstract → select “Invited Submission: No”.
Under manuscript information → Manuscript classification → select Special Topic: “Photonics in Biomedicine”