Nanoscience and nanotechnology have emerged as critical interdisciplinary fields that have the potential to transform the way we diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases. Over the past few decades, the integration of nanotechnology with medicine has led to a wide range of applications, including the development of novel diagnostic tools, targeted drug delivery systems, and innovative therapies. Led by guest editors Dr. Malik Bader Alazzam and Dr. Amita Nandal of Amman Arab University and Manipal University, respectively, this special issue will provide a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the current state-of-the-art in medical applications of nanoscience and nanotechnology. By highlighting the latest research advancements and trends, this special issue will serve as a valuable resource for researchers, practitioners, and students in this field.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Nanoparticle-based drug delivery systems for cancer therapy
- Nanobiosensors for disease diagnosis and personalized medicine
- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine using nanomaterials
- Nanophotonics for medical imaging and diagnosis
- Nanotherapeutics for chronic and infectious diseases
- In vivo imaging and tracking of nanomedicines
- Development of smart nanodevices for regenerative medicine
- Nanoparticle toxicity and safety assessment
- Ethical, social, and regulatory aspects of nanomedicine
Dr. Malik Bader Alazzam, Faculty of Computer Science and Informatics, Amman Arab University, Jordan
Dr. Amita Nandal, Manipal University, Manipal, India
How to submit:
- Please submit through the online submission system.
- Under manuscript type → select “Article” or “Review”.
- Under manuscript information → Manuscript classification → select: “Medical Applications of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology”