Career Opportunities at AIP Publishing
Join AIP Publishing and work with some of the foremost physicists and innovative publishers in the world. We encourage you to consider becoming part of our dynamic team.
Current open positions
The Director, Editorial Development has responsibility for ensuring the success of the portfolio of AIP owned publications and products including: current product development, overall expansion of product line, non-peer-reviewed content creation and targeted channel distribution in all media.
In addition to this the Director, Editorial Development: manages a subset of Journal Managers within the team, analyzes and reports on portfolio performance, defines the publishing vision, strategy, and goals for their products, and has responsibility for associated financial budgets and projections relating to the portfolio of titles.
- Oversight and execution of Product Development
- Leadership and management of a subset of Journal Managers with a commitment to working with HR on training initiatives with the objective of achieving publishing goals
- Oversee research and development, or acquisition, of sustainable, new, high-quality publications and products
- Champion new publications and/or products from conception to publication
- Collaborate with technology, business development and operations departments , to explore ways to enrich content and its presentation as technology and user needs evolve
- Determine information gaps in product offerings and/or audience needs
- Partner with publications, editorial, and marketing teams to create strategic author marketing plans and to identify potential new markets for existing products
- Provide support for AIP Conference Proceedings program
- Support Journal Managers in their evaluation of current publication products (e.g. bibliometric data, funding sources and spending, editorial breakdown by topic and content type) and those of competitors
- Work with staff to develop and report on progress against publishing and company targets
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of current products and processes, and identify areas for improvement
- Work with scientific editors to implement new content features for journals
- Participate in editorial meetings and work to enhance inter- and intra-journal communications
- Ensure that high standards for peer-review processes are met
The Senior Network Engineer (SNE) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of network hardware, software, and related infrastructure in both onsite and cloud environments. The SNE also ensures that related procedures adhere to organizational standards and policies and will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing improvement and innovation within the network infrastructure.
AIP Publishing seeks a Director, Platform & Product Management who will be responsible the strategic direction of AIP Publishing’s platform and works collaboratively across the business (Technology Teams, Marketing, Editorial and Sales Departments) to determine new platform requirements based on a keen understanding of our customer needs and company mission. The Director, Platform & Product Management is the owner of the Publishing Platform product roadmap and plans to develop products and services to meet the company’s expectations for usage alongside maximizing the Return on Investment of these new developments. The Director, Platform & Product Management is tasked with developing: a Product Management center of excellence; championing the role of Product Managers with all business owners; and leading, supporting and developing the team of Product Managers innovating key customer facing services.
AIP Publishing, a leading publisher in the STM market is seeking a Head of New Product and Business Development to join our team! The ideal candidate will lead the development of products and services to create profitable lines of new business. This candidate will also build key relationships with customers and collaborate with senior management and internal stakeholders within the organization to develop the overall innovation strategy through product development and market commercialization.
- Establish and maintain processes to develop deep and broad insights to understand our customer’s needs and their problems.
- Identify customer pain points and process improvements to meet customer needs.
- Use lean start up approaches to build solutions and prototypes to test and validate assumptions.
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies and scalable business models.
The Assistant, Conference Proceedings, provides support for the Manager, Conference Proceedings and the activity of the proceedings program. This includes a thorough understanding of the program objectives, including material submission, copyright requirements, and billing. The Assistant, Conference Proceedings, is also responsible for maintaining up-to-date statistics and contract information for the program.
The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis will have core responsibilities in leading AIPP's business performance and planning functions. This is an intergral role within the organization, managing the financial and business data to guide the strategic goals, including revenue growth and operating efficency. Additionally, the Manager will partner and engage with the various functional/operating departments across the organization which will be vital for delivering our strategic priorities and goals.
The IT Project Manager role is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The Assistant Journal Manager will be responsible for supporting activities aimed to ensure the success of a select group of AIP Publishing publications. This includes:
- Working with Journal Managers to develop content as well as performing research and analysis in support of strategic objectives
- Monitoring and analyzing journal metrics and measuring progress towards targets as well as coordinating editorial input to marketing efforts that will ensure increased journal usage, visibility and authorship.
- Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements through market research by working closely with academic editors and researchers in the community; representing the journal to all external stakeholders.
The Assistant Journal Manager position also includes responsibility for ensuring that development efforts support the overall strategies and goals of the Publisher’s Office and for working with internal business units to align activities to strategic objectives. Performance will be measured against each product’s success using various metrics, including quality and quantity of published articles.
The Assistant Journal Manager will interact directly with all the relevant external stakeholders of the journal community including; authors, reviewers, readers, editors. This role will also provide the research, analysis and planning that drives journal objectives, and monitors progress towards targets as well as competitor and Editor performance as directed by the Senior Journal Manager
The Data Architect will be responsible for the design, planning and management of our enterprise data architecture to maximize the value of information across the organization. Key responsibilities include: advancing and governing enterprise data architecture standards, tools and best practices. In addition, the Data Architect will provide technical expertise and mentorship to application development teams to leverage data from various AIP Publishing platforms and external data sources.
Lead the effort to sell subscriptions of the AIP product portfolio across the assigned territory. At its core, this is a “solution sell” position, requiring the incumbent to fully understand clients’ information needs and ensure that professional, productive relationships are established and maintained with key representatives of those clients.
Provide consistent and quality technical and customer service for the IT Operations Group. This includes: providing support as directed for functions related to PCI compliance, IT policy and governance, risk management, project coordination and budgeting.
AIP Publishing is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic Journal Manager to lead development for a selected group of their prestigious journals.
This exciting and key role involves working as part of a small team within AIP Publishing to steer, alongside each journals’ Editor-in-Chief, the editorial and publishing direction of the journals. Creative solutions and innovative approaches are sought to ensure the journals remain at the cutting edge in both content and presentation.
As a Journal Manager you will have regular interactions with the academic community so you can adapt the journals to the changing needs of their authors and readers as both the research landscape and the publishing industry rapidly evolve. This requires a good understanding of the scientific research process and the ability to engage the academic community of editors and researchers by representing the journals, and AIP Publishing, through international academic conferences and on-site laboratory visits. Therefore the successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills and be prepared to travel.
Journal Manager’s work closely with colleagues in Marketing, Web-Design, Editorial Production and the editors in external editorial offices to monitor and create development plans for each of their journals, acting as the linchpin for driving journals initiatives. Thus candidates should be able to work in a collaborative team environment, and have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to take responsibility, assess complex situations, and work on their own initiative.
AIP Publishing offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, retirement and tuition assistance. In addition to this, in their new ‘silicon valley start-up’ inspired office space there is an on-site fitness center for employee use.
AIP Publishing LLC provides the global physical science community with a comprehensive collection of highly cited peer reviewed scientific information. AIP Publishing’s portfolio of 17 journals includes prestigious titles such as Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, and, The Journal of Chemical Physics, and the AIP Conference Proceedings series. AIP Publishing also publishes on behalf of several of the American Institute of Physics’ Member Societies and other publishing partners.