The Acoustical Society of America (ASA) has announced that JASA Express Letters will transition in January 2021 to an online-only, gold open access journal. Since 2006, the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America Express Letters has published as a section of JASA.
JASA Express Letters will continue to provide rapid and open dissemination of important new research results and technical discussion in all fields of acoustics. It will serve physical scientists, life scientists, engineers, psychologists, physiologists, architects, musicians, and speech communication specialists who wish to quickly report the results of their acoustical research in letter-sized contributions.
While the JASA Express Letters section has been always been freely accessible to readers, transitioning to a stand-alone journal will provide several benefits to authors:
- Gold Open Access, so all articles will be free to read
- Creative Commons Licensing so authors retain full copyright of their work and researchers can freely re-use material with proper attribution
- Additional article types, including perspectives and tutorials
- Increased page length from 6 to 7 pages
- New journal cover highlighting featured article
- Reduced Article Processing Charges (APC) for ASA members
For the remainder of 2020, any JASA Express Letters manuscript submitted before August 1, 2020 will publish in the JASA Express Letters section of JASA. All papers submitted on or after this date will be published in the new JASA Express Letters.
Additional information about the journal can be found here.