APL Energy is a new gold open access journal from AIP Publishing featuring research related to energy, applications of energy storage and conversion, energy sources and materials, and renewable energy and sustainability. The journal also considers research that addresses the environmental impacts of energy technologies.
APL Energy will publish articles reporting significant advances made by scientists conducting research as it relates to the physical and materials sciences and engineering communities and will consider research articles, comprehensive reviews, and perspective article types. The journal will open for submission in mid-2022 and aims to start publishing at the end of 2022.
The journal will consider submissions that substantially describe quantitative models and theories, especially if the research is validated with appropriate experimental results. More information on the editorial mission and scope of the journal will be announced with the appointment of the Editor-in-Chief.
Editor-in-Chief Open Call for Applications:
AIP Publishing is seeking an Editor-in-Chief for their new open access journal APL Energy.
Excellent candidates will:
- be dynamic, engaged leaders with strong ties within their scientific and research communities
- have expertise in the fields of energy storage and conversion, energy sources and materials, or renewable energy and sustainability
- demonstrate that they can build a journal of prestige and influence
- bring an innovative approach with their vision and a passion for excellence to the role as well as strong interpersonal skills
- create a robust strategic journal plan with global perspective
Applications should consist of a Curriculum Vitae and a 1-3 page statement of the applicant’s vision and aspirations for APL Energy. The statement should include a few paragraphs on your leadership experience, community involvement, and scientific accomplishments that make you uniquely qualified for the Editor-in-Chief position. Applications received before January 10, 2022 will receive full consideration. Please send applications by e-mail with the subject line “Editor Search” to email@example.com.